When you are first getting to know someone, small talk is necessary. It can be difficult to think of things to say that don’t sound scripted or boring. That’s why we’ve put together this list of ice breaker questions for dating someone new! These questions will help you get to know your date better while avoiding those awkward silences.
Why Communicating With Your New Date Is Important
You’re on a first date, and things are going great. The conversation is flowing, you’re both laughing, and you can tell there’s a real connection. But then your date says something that makes you uncomfortable. Maybe they make a racist or sexist joke, or maybe they say something that’s just a little too personal for a first date.
What do you do?
It can be tempting in a situation like this to just ignore it and hope it goes away. But that’s not always the best option. Communicating with your date is important, even (or especially) when things are going well. Here’s why:
It Shows That You’re Paying Attention
If you’re able to have a conversation with your date about something important to you, it shows that you’re listening to them and paying attention to what they’re saying. This is a great way to build rapport and make sure that your date is interested in getting to know you.
It Shows That You’re Comfortable With Yourself
Being able to communicate your thoughts and feelings openly is a sign of maturity and self-confidence, two qualities that are very attractive in a partner. If you’re able to handle uncomfortable conversations with grace and ease, it’s a good sign that you’ll be able to handle anything that comes up in a relationship.
Of course, there’s a fine line between communicating and over-sharing, so it’s important to find a balance that works for you. So here are some ice breaker questions for dating someone new.
20 Icebreaker Questions For A First Date
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- Do you have any pets?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What’s your favorite food?
- Do you have any siblings?
- How many brothers/sisters do you have?
- Where does your family live?
- Do you have any kids?
- What are your hobbies?
- What’s your favorite music genre?
- Who is your favorite musician?
- What’s your favorite sports team?
- Do you play any sports?
- What’s your favorite vacation spot?
- Have you ever been out of the country? If so, where have you been?
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- Do you have any close friends?
- Who is your best friend?
- What’s your favorite thing to do on a weekend?
12 Deep Questions To Ask Your New Date
If you’re looking to get to know someone on a deeper level, these ten questions are perfect conversation starters. They’ll help you learn about your date’s values, hopes, and dreams.
- Who are the most important people in your life?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Ten years?
- What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done?
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
- Do you like spending time alone or do you feel antsy when you’re not around people?
- What’s your favorite way to relax and unwind?
- Do you have any fears or phobias?
- What is your favorite memory? This question can help you get to know someone on a personal level. It will also give you some insight into what they value and hold dear.
- What are your thoughts on religion? Religion can be a touchy subject for some people, but it’s important to know where your date stands before things get too serious. This question will help you gauge their level of tolerance and openness.
- What are your thoughts on politics? Politics is another potentially touchy subject, but it’s important to know where your date stands. This question will help you gauge their level of tolerance and openness.
These are just a few of the deep questions you can ask on a date. If you want to get to know someone, try asking them some of these questions. You might be surprised at how much you have in common!
13 Funny Questions To Ask Your Date
Do you like making people laugh? If you do, then asking your date funny questions may be the way to go. Of course, you don’t want to come across as being too humorous, or your date may think you’re trying to make fun of them. Here are funny questions you can ask your date:
- What’s your favorite joke?
- Do you have any funny nicknames?
- What’s your favorite comic strip?
- Do you like puns? If so, what’s your favorite pun?
- Are you a fan of any comedians? Who are some of your favorites?
- What do you think is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen?
- Do you like pranks? Have you ever pulled one off?
- What’s the funniest April Fool’s Day prank you’ve ever heard of?
- Do you have any funny stories about your childhood? growing up? family life? friends? school? pets
- Do you like wordplay?
- What’s your favorite silly song?
- Do you have any funny stories about a time when you were embarrassed or things didn’t go as planned?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
Finally, don’t forget to have fun! A first date should be a fun experience, so make sure to enjoy yourself. If things do get awkward, just laugh it off and move on. The most important thing is to relax and have a good time.
By asking these ice breaker questions for dating, you can avoid awkwardness and have a great time on your first date. So go out there and enjoy yourself! Who knows, you might just meet the love of your life.
And if you’re looking for more dating tips, be sure to check out our other blog posts. We’ve got plenty of great advice to help you find success in the dating world.